Monday, November 19, 2007

The Journey Home

About three weeks ago I lost my favorite cat Ming. She went outside for her regular romp in the sun and just never came home. After a week I realized she was not coming home. Then the most miraculous thing happened. Tonight, a little after 10 pm I got a call from the woman who has our old phone number. She told me that she had gotten a call from the local fire house that they had found our cat. To say I was overjoyed is an understatement. I immediately called the firehouse and spoke with Fireman Keith (my new hero!) who told me that indeed he had Ming, but she had just run outside to use the bathroom. I told him I was on the way. Our house was a flurry of excitement as we loaded the girls into the car to bring Ming home. When we arrived at the firehouse I saw three firefighters out back with flashlights, my heart sank when I realized she was still out and she might have slipped through our fingers again. I called and called but with all the excitement she wasn't ready to come out. Jared took the girls home to get some more cat food and bring me a jacket because he realized I was not coming home without my kitty. While he was gone I waited patiently and called to her and sure enough I started to hear a meow and then from the trees out came Ming! I was scared to startle her and have her run off again but all I wanted to do was run and grab her and hug her. She came right to me though and let me pick her up. She's down a little weight, but I'm sure she'll recover quickly. We are all so grateful to have her home! Thank you fireman Keith and thank you to the wonderful woman who passed on the message from the firehouse!

4 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

Wow! Great news. So glad she is back!

Amy said...

I am very glad that you have Ming again. I know what that can be like to have a run away pet. Those fire fighters are hero's in so many ways!

Blackburns said...

I love fire fighters. . . or at least my fire fighter. Glad you got Ming back.

ablykins said...

Hooray for the return of Ming! I'm so glad she's back home again; safe and sound! What a relief to have closure on that matter, and on a positive note to boot! What a great story- thanks for sharing! Bravo, Keith!