Friday, November 2, 2007

Happy Halloween


We have a few Halloween traditions here in the Palmer household. The first is the trip to the pumpkin patch. Now we don't go all fancy but there is a quaint little farm that's just one exit away from us that does pumpkins and Christmas trees and we've been there every year that we've lived in Riverside County. The girls like the hay bales and old wooden fort to climb on. I like that it's never crowded and the pumpkins are pretty reasonable.

We also attend our ward Halloween party every year where we have a chili cook-off, I'm so excited to say that my pumpkin chili (my sister's recipe) won third place this year! The girls also get to be in the costume contest, Aubrey's cheerleader was a winner. And the girls go trunk or treating. Natalie was very organized with her loot this year.Finally on Halloween we all head to Jared's work for his office Halloween party and trick or treating. The girls love parading around Daddy's office in their costumes getting candy from all the nice ladies at the office. Usually there is a haunted corridor but apparently that's become too scary and so this year the kids did crafts instead. After the office trick or treating we got home pretty late and so we convinced the girls they didn't need a third trip out and we stayed in to watch "Its the great pumpkin Charlie Brown". We got a record low of two trick or treaters this year! Hope everyone had happy haunts!

4 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

Cute pictures! Thanks for posting them :) Love the girls costumes.

Stacy said...

I just LOVE Halloween! The girls are so cute! Eden still asks if we can go and visit them and have a slumber party!!! She said that she wants to go to Disneyland for her birthday! I told her maybe next year! :) I'm so glad you are blogging and keeping in touch! I love to see what you guys are up to! Tell the girlies we love them and miss them!

ablykins said...

The girls look totally awesome! I can't believe how much Miss Natty has grown and changed since I saw her in September of '06! I seriously think they are both getting cuter by the day!!!

Congrats to Aubs for her costume win! She certainly looks cute and oh so "All American" in her cheer costume!

Thanks so much for posting the photos! I can't get enough of those girls! :-) I'm already looking forward to next year when there will be a new little Palmer in his/her trick-or-treat finest!

ps- I'm so happy about the Pumpkin Chili!! Thanks for sharing about that! <3

Blackburns said...

Cute picture at the pumpkin patch. I like that pumpkin patch too. This was my first year but I am sure I will go back.