Wednesday, November 21, 2007

I fought the law and it bit me in the A$$

So this post is about Jared, because being a law abiding citizen I would never fight the law. A couple months back Jared got ANOTHER speeding ticket. He gets one about every 10-12 months. He likes to go to court in hopes that his cop won't show up and the ticket will get thrown out. So he was at court today, the day before Thanksgiving, just sure that no cop would want to waste his time in traffic court on holiday eve. Well apparently the judge was miffed about being there. Jared's cop did show up and the judge decided that since his sorry robed ass had to get dragged into court he was going to punish anyone who had the nerve to appear. Jared not only got to pay his fine, he got his license suspended for 60 days. Yes that's right, he has no license and has bike down to 7-11 when he wants a slurpee fix. Haa haa haa haa!! Yes, I am cruelly enjoying this right now. So please, if you see him biking or walking, don't stop--honk and wave and keep right on going. In fact feel free to point and laugh, I know I am!

4 comments:

rockkinrobbins said...

Wow!! Sometimes things don't work out Jared! Ask him, is that why he failed to return Opy's phone call and neglect his needs? Next time he might go to JAIL!! Ha Ha Ha

Memory said...

Sorry, Jared, but a speeding ticket at least once a year...kind of warrants a suspended license. :-) I want to know how the heck he is going to get work now!!

ablykins said...

Yikes! I'm sorry to hear about the situation! Speeding tickets are such a bummer, and there are so many speed traps in the San Diego area; it's easy to get nailed. With the amount of time he spends on the road supporting the family each day, I'm sure it's bound to happen, but it is always a bummer when it does...

I hope he is able to car pool to work or get some kind of alternate transport. I know that commute is a long one!

Although it probably can be chalked up to a lesson learned, and I'm half way around the globe, I'd still give my big bro-in-law a lift in the case of a slurpee fix...guess I'm just a softie!

Love you guys! <3

heidi said...

so sad. I still don't think I could just drive by though.
Darin just got one too--he'll probably try to fight it, as he likes to do.