Sunday, June 29, 2008

Summer has arrived!

Well Wednesday marked the arrival of summer here at our house. It was Aubrey's last day of school. With our year round schooling here that means only a 4 week, not 3 month, break. But to be honest I LOVE year round schooling. I was resistant to the idea at first but now that we've done it, I think it's fantastic!

Addison is officially two months old and continues to be a HUGE baby. She just had her checkup on Friday and she weighed over 12 pounds putting her into the 75th percentile for weight and was 25-3/4" long putting her off the chart for height. I'm seeing either volleyball or female mud wrestling in her future! :-)

Both Aubrey and Natalie just finished their start of summer swim lessons, Aubrey had a great deal more success than Natalie. Natalie is more of a dip in the pool and lounge on the deck kind of girl anyway.

We also just scored a Wii Fit. I know! How awesome is that? I have to say I was surprised at how good of a workout you can get on it. This thing is definitely NOT a self-esteem booster though, I'll tell you that much. So we were setting up our initial profiles and as all of you know Jared is...a bit rounder than he used to be. So this thing weighs you every time you get on to give you an up to date BMI. Well Jared gets on and sadly hit the top (not in a good way) mark. So his character puffs up like the Stay-Puffed marshmallow man and falls on his rear shaking his head. We must have laughed for 5 minutes straight on that one!! And then yesterday I got on for the first time after setting up my profile on Wednesday and how am I greeted "Oh I see you were too busy to work out the last few days" What?!? Am I supposed to be motivated by insults? Then I get on the silly thing and it says "You've gained 1.5 pounds since your last visit. Why is that?" Good grief! But I really do like it, I think.

5 comments:

The "A" Palmers said...

Ha! THat sounds awesome! I guess I need to get one too, although I would be kinda cheesed if it starts calling me Fatty McButterPants, or Cheesy McLardAss or the like. Highly possible :-)

heidi said...

I want to get that Wii Fit too, but I am scared of what it will say.

ablykins said...

Thanks for the update! We are really hoping to get a Wii Fit soon! I'd heard some preliminary criticism of similar nature to that which you described. If it gives you any comfort, although Wii Fit has been translated into English, many of the Japanese programmers didn't spend as much time adjusting the settings to reflect body type differences of the average Japanese and the average Westerner.

As an insightful side note, this is an intersting article that aptly profiles the current "metabo" climate in Japan and the government view on a little pudge around the middle.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/13/world/asia/13fat.html?no_interstitial

Memory said...

Ha! What a funny post. The mud wrestling...the insulting Wii. I love it! Got me laughing! :-)

Amy said...

Oh, Wii Fit, eh? I'll have to convince Brandon to be social so that we can come over and play! Sounds like fun!