Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Leprechaun Fun

A few years back I read a great article on ways to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I picked one and the girls loved it so we've continued since. The night before St. Patrick's Day the girls decorate a box (the more glittery and shiny the better since that's what attracts the little guys). Then they leave the box in the moonlight. During the night the leprechauns fill the box with their loot and hide it in the house. If the girls can find the box the loot is theirs to keep. Fortunately the little green men leave behind a glittering trail that helps out! Aubrey was really quick this morning, even though the trail was especially tricky, they ran all over the house! Natalie thought the cats had done it, which really made me laugh. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead so I don't have any pictures but the girls were thrilled to find all kids of jewelry hidden in the box. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

2 comments:

ablykins said...

That sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you guys enjoyed celebrating!

Blackburns said...

What a cute idea. I will have to start thinking about what traditions and fun activities I can do with sienna.