Sunday, February 10, 2008

Playing Catch-up

Well it's been a crazy couple weeks. Turns out that pesky side/back pain was more than just dehydration. I was back at the hospital a week later with the same problem. Turns out I had fluid backing up in my kidney (from a kidney stone) and that was the source of the problem. So once that passed life got much better. Let me just say that drinking a gallon of water each day is not fun. So after all the excitement I've been playing catch up around the house. And both my girls get a BIG pat on the back for being such great helpers to their mommy. A couple of nights Aubrey took care of feeding Natalie for me--what a trooper. And during the day Natalie had started sneaking up with a bottle of water and saying "mommy, I have a surprise for you..." She's seen me drink so much water I think she's under the misguided impression that it's a treat. Thankfully it looks as though I'm back to just normal pregnant woes (i.e. swollen feet that I can't see or reach, an aching back and just enough energy to feed myself...ha ha ha!).

Oh and Jared would like me to add that on Monday we are achieving playroom perfection when he brings home the blessed T.V. he's been waiting for (serious eye roll from me). He's actually skipping work so he can get there when Costco opens to pick it up.

4 comments:

Blackburns said...

I am so excited that the playroom is finished. It looks great but I will have to come over when it is truly finished and the TV is in place. :-)

Scott and Stacia said...

oh boy, well my husband is not allowed to visit! :) Well ejoy the tv and all!

ablykins said...

Big hooray for Natalie and Aubrey for helping out during such a painful ordeal! Natalie is right though, water is a treat!! ;-) I hope your trouble with kindey stones is behind you! John's cousin has been in the hospital more than once for those, and they sound incredibly painful!

Gratz on your new tv and a finally finished playroom! Sounds like it just as much a grown up playroom as it is a little girl playroom! lol

The "A" Palmers said...

Never get between a man and his new TV... That is simply an ancient, sacred bond that cannot be broken.