Monday, February 11, 2008

Nothing like a good book

So one of th few things I accomplished in the last few weeks is catching up on my reading habit. And I have to admit, some were better than others. By far the best thing I read was Garden Spells, by Sarah Addison Allen. It was a great story, with a fantasy quality similar to Like Water for Chocolate (remember when she cries into the wedding cake batter and it makes all the guests at the wedding cry, that sort of thing). Having a good book to read brought back fond memories of my Chula Vista book club. It is so nice to get book recommendations from people you know and whose tastes you share. Anyone else enjoyed a good book lately?

2 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

Reading?? I wish I was a good reader, and enjoyed picking up a book. I am excited when I read the book for book club...so that makes about 4 books in the last year and a half :) Is that sad?

ablykins said...

Finishing a good books is always so rewarding! Unfortunately the bulk of my reading these days is for school. I usually spend my liesure reading time on industry magazines/publications or just stuff on the Internet I find interesting.

I had joined a Tokyo book club a few months back, and got through three books/novels before I realized the club's taste in books just wasn't my style. The last fun book I read and actually enjoyed was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I'm so sad the series is over!! /cry

I hope you are able to enjoy more reading time soon!