Wednesday, December 12, 2007

DigiScrap Here I Come!!


So a long, long time ago I downloaded this digital scrapbooking kit from Creating Keepsakes website. Well then I got to working on my Christmas newsletter recently and Jared was showing me this great program on my Mac called pages. And I started thinking to myself, gosh it would be so great to do my scrapbooking on my computer. I never print my pictures, so I have all these cute pages with no pictures on them. And I'm slower than molasses in January when it comes to scrapbooking, Natalie's baby book has like 3 pages done. So I started google searching for scrapbook programs. Well I found some great ones, problem is they all work with those silly PCs and that does me no good! So I started specifically looking for Mac software. Guess how many exist...that's right one. But it came with a free trial, so I downloaded it (I am so grateful for high speed internet...what is wrong with people still using dial up?!?). Well I started looking at it and the graphics it comes with, well...SUCK. So I trashed the application. Then I remembered that kit I downloaded way back when. Pull the app back out and started using the CK Kit. This is the page I made. Now I know the papers are Asian and don't exactly fit my temple pictures. But they were new pictures I was excited to play with and the only papers I had to work with...go with me on this one. So I got excited and of course then started surfing the net for digiscrap kits. Holy Moley!! There's a ton out there. So for the moment digital scrapbooking is my new enthusiasm, we'll see if I can get any further ahead than with good old cut and paste.

5 comments:

Memory said...

That's pretty darn cool! I'm worse than you...Evan doesn't even have one page done. Forget about Maren! I didn't know these digital pages could turn out so well. I'm going to have to start this, too. No time right now for 3-hour scrapbook pages. We need more pregnant belly pictures!! :-)

Amy said...

Maybe that's what I need to do. I'm so over regular scrapbooking right now. Isn't weird how we all go through phases?

Blackburns said...

I love my computer scrapbooking!! I also love the picture of you and Nat. I will have to send you the pictures I took of you on our Adoption day. Talk to you soon.

ablykins said...

Your digi-scrap page looks great! The photos you chose are too cute!

I have to say I'm a fan of old-fashion scrapping since most of my projects include all kinds of goodies and souvenirs I pick up through my travels that actually need to be fastened to a paper page. Some of my pages don't even have any photographs. lol I use Snapfish to print my digital photos, their turn around time is great!

Digital scrapping looks really neat though, and I may have to give it a try sometime!

Nice Guy said...

No software needed @ http://www.ScrapbookGenerator.com (no cost, no signup, no mess). Simply upload a photograph to the web site, choose a basic layout and add some 3D WordArt.