Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Craziness...

As much I as I look forward to vacation, and the one we have coming up is going to be amazing, I hate the last minute chaos that precedes the tranquility. I know you know what I mean. First there's the packing, which I typically start a couple days before, but in order to pack you have to do all the laundry and in this particular case my washing machine broke!! I know, seriously! So we spent a good part of the day shopping for a new washing machine, hauling out the broken one, which of course was full of water and wet clothes and setting up the new one. Then there's the cleaning. I cannot go on a trip knowing that my house is a mess, so I've been trying desperately to clean. Easier said than done when you have two munchkins running around undoing everything I've done. Then for us there's the pet prep. Now if you don't have vindictive cats you will not be familiar with this portion of travel preparation. I, however, have very needy cats who like to let me know how unhappy they are when I leave. So they show their displeasure by peeing on EVERYTHING. So part of getting ready for this trip meant cleaning the garage so we had concrete floors for them to sleep on and sealing off all the shelving with plastic tarps. So let's just say I am really looking forward to tomorrow about 6p.m. when I will be sitting on the deck of the cruise ship sipping something fancy!

3 comments:

Blackburns said...

Although I don't want the Craziness, I would like to be sitting on a ship tonight at 6:00 too. Have lots of fun!

ablykins said...

Woohoo!! A cruise, how fun!! Where are you guys off to? I know what you mean about the last minute craziness, but hope it all goes well and you enjoy your trip! Bon voyage! Can't wait to hear about it on the blog when you get back!

rockkinrobbins said...

HOpe you guys have fun and congrats on the new washer.