Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I cannot train you as I trained the five...


Ok so I love Kung Fu Panda. Right after Batman my favorite movie this year. And I find ways to quote it regularly. So anyway my middle child has proven to test me at every phase, prompting me to change how I parent. And not to exaggerate but I have read a LOT of parenting books (I'm a reader, when I have a problem I look for a book). And none of them were able to help me with the challenges I was dealing with. Until I found this book. WOW! It was the first time I read a book that didn't immediately say "ADD, need medication, special diet, etc." Because truthfully the ADD diagnosis didn't fit her, as she can focus for hours on a project. I haven't finished the book yet but already I've been able to make adjustments in our family that better address her needs (and mine!) and we are already beginning to see changes in her. So thank you Linda Budd for helping me understand my amazing little girl!

1 comment:

ablykins said...

Little Nutter Butter is such a rock star! :-) I'm glad to hear you have been able to find a medication free way to channel all her fabulous star quality. <3 Kudos!