Thursday, May 15, 2008

First Photo Shoot





A huge thank you to my friend Crystal who came over and did an awesome photo shoot of Addison this week. I am absolutely in love with these pictures!! Now the hard part is picking one to go in her announcements. So check out my super cute baby and let me know which one you think for the announcement!

And yes I am horribly behind in my blogging. Natalie had a birthday which was awesome. I have the cutest pictures and video that need to be posted. Aubrey was in a talent show at school almost a month ago that still needs to go up on the blog. Aye yay yay!! And lest anyone think I'm just amazingly keeping it all together rest assured that my house is a mess, we ate Taco Bell for dinner and my kids bath tonight consisted of a 30 second spray down in the shower. ha ha ha!! In the words of my favorite moose "so it wasn't so simple. And it wasn't so easy and okay, okay it wasn't so perfectly perfect. But do you know what? It was pretty close" For those of you who haven't read Mooseltoe just know that all great wisdom can be found in children's books!

13 comments:

heidi said...

oh you're right emily--she is SOOO cute! I can't wait to see her. I would do a collage photo card and then you could use all the pics!

the 2nd tallest tree said...

Emily, I found your blog!(This is Molly Wood) What a cutie and so much hair! I love the pics, but I think the last one is my favorite.

The Steenhoek Clan said...

Too cute, Emily...
I would pick either one which shows all the hair!!!

Stacy said...

You think YOU are behind... yeeeaaahh... I still have stuff in April to blog about!!! :)

I would say #4... like Janene said, she's looking right into the camera! Adorable!!!

How are YOU feeling?

ablykins said...

Love the photos- she's so cute! I'm also a fan of photo #4 since she looks like she's in the spotlight making her debut while looking right into the camera!

I'm glad to hear that things have been happily busy-

Taco Bell- it's tasty and I have yet to find a person who objects to a Taco Bell dinner!

30 Second Showers- why not? As long as the dirt is gone, the water is clean and it gets the job done that's all that really matters!

A messy house- with the economic climate the way it is within the United Staes and the disasters happening in Myanmar and China- isn't it just nice to have a house to keep your family safe and warm in, even if it is messy??

Perfection isn't what strengthens us or teachs us how to cope, it is the flaws and messiness of life that allows us to bond with love ones, exercise compassion and forgiveness, and evolve into better human beings. In reality...I don't think perfect really happens in our every day lives, but it can, luckily still be found in the pages of children's books. :-) Yet, even the best story books pale in comparison to the kind of happy endings and coping skills that result from getting through the messy, 30 second shower, Taco Bell dinner, "unperfect" days. The pressure of "pefect" can be crippling, but the liberation of resolving that unperfect while trying your best is fine- well, it's pretty sweet!

Can't wait to hear about Natalie's birthday and Aubrey's talent show when you have a some time to post!

rockkinrobbins said...

I love all the pictures that you picked. It is hard because Addison is such a cutie. I am just so glad you allowed me to come and give you such a memory of her.

Brooke said...

I love Addison! I miss you! How are you! Itching to play settlers! -Brooke

Blackburns said...

What a cute little girl, but of course. . . all your girls are adorable.

Memory said...

I love all the pictures but am going with the general concensus of #4. Love that hair!!

Scott and Stacia said...

Oh Emily she is so dang CUTE!! I was going with #3 or #4...but it looks like everyone else is going with #4 :). However I do like the cute shirt that is modeled in picture #3!! I really like the little bow too. Cute!! Thanks for sharing!! Great job Crystal!!

The "A" Palmers said...

What a cutie! Those are fantastic pics!

R & S Ward said...

I vote for the last picture! A cute girl to go with your cute announcements! : )

ali said...

Crystal did such a nice job! I love them all, but you can't go wrong when you have such a cutie for a baby.

Jared did a nice job yesterday on the blessing. Loved the testimony too! I would love to see him show up in a dress!